Bachelor's Degree in Paralegal Science
EKU’s partially online bachelor’s degree in paralegal science balances the study of law and paralegal skills with a thorough background in the liberal arts. Graduates have broad employment and graduate/professional school opportunities.
Format: Partially online (all but 10 hours can be completed online)
Credit Hours: 120 hours
* A minimum of 30 credit hours must be completed at EKU
Enhance your degree with a minor or certificate
Select from a wide range of minors, allowing you to explore interests or make use of prior credits.
You can also choose from numerous undergraduate certificates in specialty areas that complement and enhance your major as you are work toward your degree.
What sets our program apart?
Focused on paralegal best practices and producing excellent student outcomes, EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through course topics such as legal research and writing, litigation, legal administration and computer applications, family law, criminal law and probate practice.
- 8-week terms
- Active job placement assistance for all graduating students
- The EKU paralegal program is a respected charter member of the American Association for Paralegal Education (AAFPE)
- Our expert faculty are learner-focused and have extensive training in online education. All instructors hold a Juris Doctor (J.D.) or Ph.D.
- Unique and intensive residency experience offering access to practicing attorneys, paralegals and judges, as well as opportunities to utilize the law library and courthouse vault
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.