Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Paralegal Science
EKU’s partially online post-baccalaureate certificate in paralegal science is designed for students who already hold a bachelor’s degree in an area other than paralegal science. The certificate program prepares students to enter the paralegal workforce in as little as 18 months.
Format: Partially online (all but 10 hours can be completed online)
What sets our program apart?
Focused on paralegal best practices and producing excellent student outcomes, EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through course topics such as legal research and writing, litigation, legal administration and computer applications, family law, criminal law and probate practice.
- 8-week terms
- Special tuition for active duty service members
- Active job placement assistance for all graduating students
- The EKU paralegal program is a respected charter member of the American Association for Paralegal Education (AAFPE)
- Our expert faculty are learner-focused and have extensive training in online education. All instructors hold a Juris Doctor (J.D.) or Ph.D.
- Unique and intensive residency experience offering access to practicing attorneys, paralegals and judges, as well as opportunities to utilize the law library and courthouse vault
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.