EKU Rates Top 40 Among Best Paralegal Schools
The Community for Accredited Online Schools has ranked Eastern Kentucky University’s online paralegal studies program No. 40 on their list of “Best Paralegal Schools” among 4-year institutions. EKU was the highest rated Kentucky school on the list.
The organization, which manages the website AccreditedSchoolsOnline.org, strives to help prospective students and families make informed higher education decisions.
They reviewed accredited and not-for-profit institutions based on cost, quality and student support. Factors including but not limited to cost, financial aid, graduation rates, and academic counseling services were weighed using a peer-based-value (PBV) calculation that compares the cost of a program to the cost of other programs with similar qualitative scores.
EKU Online offers post-baccalaureate certificates, associates degrees and bachelor’s degrees in paralegal studies. Students benefit from:
- An ABA-approved program of study that can help start or advance a paralegal career
- An accredited program from a respected charter member of the American Association for Paralegal Education (AAFPE)
- Expert faculty who are learner-focused and have extensive training in online education. All instructors hold a Juris Doctor (J.D.) or Ph.D.
- Dedicated academic advisors and individualized course mapping
- A unique and intensive residency experience that lasts just two weeks. Students have access to practicing attorneys, paralegals and judges, as well as opportunities to utilize the law library and courthouse vault. The residency may be completed all at once or over two separate summers.
Published on January 13, 2017