WHY EARN AN ABA-APPROVED PARALEGAL DEGREE FROM EKU?
ONLINE COURSEWORK: EKU’s partially online paralegal degrees are designed to prepare students to quickly and successfully enter the workforce. All but 10 hours of coursework is completed online. A 2-week residency will be completed in Richmond, Kentucky, providing the flexibility of online study, while allowing you an in-person opportunity to:
- Collaborate with fellow students
- Network with working paralegals and faculty
- Help you refine the fundamental skills employers value
- Receive personalized career counseling and job search workshops
APPROVED BY THE AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION: The EKU paralegal program is one of approximately 260 ABA-approved paralegal programs (out of more than 1,000 overall) in the United States. The ABA requires it's approved programs to go through a rigorous review process, ensuring that the program meets it's stringent requirements for quality.
STRONG CAREER DEMAND: The Bureau of Labor and Statistics projects employment for paralegal professionals will increase 8% in the next 10 years. The industry attracts many applicants and competition for paralegal jobs will be strong. Candidates with formal training and education will have a competitive edge. The BLS notes that while historically not required, many employers now prefer or even require candidates to hold a bachelor's degree. EKU paralegal programs offer free job placement assistance to graduates. 70% of recent graduates are working as a paralegal or in a related legal field and another 10% have gone on to law school.
CONVENIENT COURSES: Eastern Kentucky University provides quality online courses to help you build a career or advance in your current one so you don't have to put your life on hold to earn your degree. The majority of classes can be completed in 8 weeks — half the time of the standard format — and courses begin 6 times per year instead of just two.
- ASSOCIATE OF PARALEGAL STUDIES A.A.S. - Designed to quickly and effectively prepare students to enter the paralegal workforce, EKU Online's partially online paralegal studies associate degree can be completed in approximately 21 months of full-time study.
- BACHELOR'S OF PARALEGAL SCIENCE B.A. - A bachelor's degree in paralegal science balances the study of law and paralegal skill with a thorough background of liberal arts. Baccalaureate-level paralegals may look forward to broad employment and professional school opportunities such as law school or business school.
- CERTIFICATE IN PARALEGAL SCIENCE (POST BACCALAUREATE) - Designed for students who already hold a bachelor's degree in an area other than paralegal science, the post-baccalaureate certificate program will effectively prepare students to enter the paralegal workforce in as little as 10 months (two semesters). Areas of focus include legal research, legal administration, and the latest applications of technology in the law office.
AFFORDABLE & RESPECTED: Ranked by U.S. News and World Report among the best universities offering online degrees, EKU is a regionally-accredited university that provides affordable courses taught by respected faculty who teach the same classes on-campus. EKU waives the undergraduate application fee for veterans and offers a reduced tuition to active duty service members.